Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Writer's Block

I'm suffering from a serious case of writer's block.  I've got at least 3 partial posts in my drafts, but I just can't seem to finish them off.  It's weird.  Usually a "topic" just pops in my head and over the course of the day, the words flow from my fingertips and magically appear on my screen.

Maybe it's just the crazy hectic schedule getting the best of me.  Maybe it's this cold/allergy haze that keeps threatening to kick my feet out from under me.  Maybe it's the terrible stress I'm feeling over my children lately.  Maybe it's the lack of money growing on my tree out back.  Or maybe it's all of it combined, but I just can't seem to fully focus on anything long enough to follow them through to completion.

So instead let me just use this opportunity to complain and cry in my coffee Coke Zero.  I worry that Slou has turned into a masterful storyteller and not in a good way.  Lies roll off her tongue as if they're her fluent language.  When asked about her homework, she doesn't skip a beat.  She has a perfectly logical reason why she doesn't have any.  Only they're not TRUE!!!

I also fear that Beelay has either transformed into a guiltless hypochondriac or I'm about to fork over money that hasn't yet sprouted for doctor's visits.  She has been complaining about back pain for a few weeks now.  When mentioned to the pediatrician, she blew it off and just recommended stretching.  Now, she's sat out of the last 2 practices and hasn't played a full game in 2 weeks.  I didn't pay for her to NOT play volleyball.  There are only 2 weeks left of the season.  Am I being insensitive by trying to force her to play through the pain?  If you ask her, YES!!!  So off to urgent care we went again last night (3rd time with her since July).  They are convinced it's muscular and that she probably just needs to take a couple weeks off and treat with heat and anti-inflammatory meds.  If after a 2 week break, she's still hurting...make an appt. with an orthopedist.  Of course the doctor said that if she could push through the pain, that she didn't think Beelay would do any permanent damage.  So what's a mom to do?  Bleed money, apparently.

We went to see Brad Paisley, Scotty McCreery & The Band Perry in concert on Saturday night.  It was really a great show...as long as I tuned out my bickering spawn.  One felt the need to constantly be in my personal bubble.  I can NOT stand being smothered, especially when it's 90 degrees and 200% humidity.  Add the competition for my attention and you've got an irritated mama.  Thank GOD for my mom and step-dad (it's easier than calling him her boyfriend after 12 years).  They successfully separated them from each other and from me.  It's amazing how much more space you have when everyone spreads out on both blankets instead of trying to squeeze onto one corner of one of them.  Note to self: do not take ungrateful brats to another concert together until they are old enough to be your DD and buy their own tickets.

Hopefully this inconveniently timed writers block will hit the road soon and I can get back to my more entertaining bubbly self.  Until then do a girl a favor and click the banner below and like me on GFC, Facebook and Twitter.  Happy hump day ya'll!!! 


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment