Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week 13 - {M} for Music

I'm finally caught up...and ahead of Kate in her weekly challenge.  It's week 13.  I'm a music junkie...especially live music.  Concerts can get a little pricey, so I'm not above frequenting a few local watering holes from time to time to get my music fix.  Plus the people watching at concerts and bars are second only to the airport.

My all time favorite group to see in concert is Sugarland.  Jennifer & Christian put on a phenomenal show.  It's high energy the whole time...I'm just ready for them to come out with some new music, so I can justify spending the money on tickets next time they come home for a show.



We were Zac Brown groupies before they made it big.  We watched them in parking lots and hole in the wall bars all over the Atlanta area, before they were performing on awards shows and singing duets with Alan Jackson.  They also put on a spectacular live show. 

If you've never heard of Corey Smith, you should totally look him up.  He's another Georgia artist that we've taken mini-road trips to see live.  His audience continues to get younger and younger and we continue to get older.  The last time we saw him live, we thought we were rockstars.  Turns out we're not.  Who knew? 

My first concert was Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith.  I've seen NKOTB a handful of times.  Garth Brooks, Sawyer Brown, Martina McBride, Brooks & Dunn, Hank Williams Jr., Lady Gaga, Natasha Bedingfield, Keith Urban, Toby Keith, Little Big Town, Taylor Swift, Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, The Band Perry, Lynard Skynard, Allman Brothers, Charlie Daniels Band, Merle Haggard, Jake Owen, Montgomery Gentry, Styxx and Def Leppard.  I'm sure I'm leaving some out...I'm just drawing a blank.  As you can see, I'm more of a country fan...for live music anyway.  I find it rather interesting that my top 3 picks are local Georgia Artists.  Apparently we know how to grow 'em.

If you'd like to follow along, please join my GFC, Facebook or Twitter. And PLEEEEASE click the banner below to cast your vote on topmommyblogs.com.  Thanks ya'll and happy hump day too :)


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment