As many of you know, one of my VERY dearest friends is in the Army. Knowing how it feels to have him so far away from us, I can only imagine what it's like for all of them to be away from their families, friends and loved ones, especially during the holidays.
That being said, I'm joining the campaign!! I'm asking all of my friends, family, co-workers and readers to please write a THANK YOU letter...as short or long (no more than front and back of one page) as you want. If you're not able to get them to me, you can either drop them at any Jersey Mike's location or mail them directly to the radio station.
There are a few "rules" though. Here's the gist...
Each letter should be heartfelt, handwritten, original, and free of any political statements. The purpose of the letter is to express thanks to the military personnel currently deployed outside the United States. We reserve the right to eliminate those messages that are political in nature and do not reflect a positive message in the spirit of Thanksgiving.
- All letters must be on 8.5” x 11” paper or smaller.
- Do not use glue, tape, staples, cardboard, glitter or otherwise attach anything to the paper.
- NO construction paper.
- Decorate using crayons, markers, pens or pencils.
- Use both sides if you like, but use one page per letter only.
- Do not send greeting cards or photographs.
- Feel free to include your mailing and email address.
- Individual letters should not be sealed in envelopes.
- Do not send anything except letters.
In order for them to ensure that all letters are delivered by Thanksgiving, they must have them in their possession by November 1st. I'll be sending all the letters I plan to collect no later than October 28th. Please take the 5-10 minutes to say thank you to the people who have dedicated their lives to protecting us and our country.
You can follow me on Facebook by clicking here. Thank you again for reading...