Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Week 4: D = Drowning


WOW!!  It's already week 4 in Love Kate's A-Z All About Me Weekly Challenge.  In my head, I've been aspiring to be creative in my weekly posts...rather than just picking the word that best describes who I am.  But then it dawned on me that the point of this challenge was not only to help everyone else to get to know me...but for me to get to know myself better too.


Of course you have the obvious D words that describe me to a "T".  Delightful, dazzling, devilish, demented, drunk or even dorky.  But those aren't really going to help anybody get a better understanding of who I am. 

D = Drowning

Right now I feel like I'm barely treading water.  I've been fairly busy at work.  I've got a gazillion things that need to be done at home.  My DVR is close to imploding.  I'm completely enthralled in the Hunger Games trilogy...and can't seem to put the books down.  Plus, I've got the upcoming volleyball season and school year looming over my head.  I just don't feel like tackling any of it...other than finishing Mockingjay.

Throw in the massive amounts of attitude & sass, mixed with a helping of grumpy old man and a couple of aging pets that refuse to let us all have a full night of uninterrupted sleep and you've got a house full of chaos.  The added emotions from losing someone special isn't helping my cause either...only time will heal those wounds.  As for the hormonal roller coasters ripping and tearing through our house, one can only pray we all live to see where those come to an end...in roughly 8 years or so.


Somewhere I need to find the time & money to take the girls shopping for school supplies...and cross my fingers that it's a pleasant outing that doesn't lead to me wanting to drink myself into a oblivion.  Plus the money tree hasn't harvested quite enough to cover volleyball fees and whatever extracurricular that Slou hasn't made her mind up about yet.


So while I've been taking a break to write this post...I've been holding on to the side of the pool to catch my breath.  Now it's time to dive back in head first into the ever growing pile of life and maybe I'll see some light at the end of the tunnel by Halloween.


Reading back through this, I sound like a blubbering crybaby!!!  I've now pulled up my big girl panties....so follow me here and on Facebook and please take a minute to click the banner below.  You can vote daily by clicking on my profile too.  




Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

6 comments:

  1. This іs veгy intеresting, You arе a verу skilled blogger.
    I have jоined уour feed and look foгwаrd to ѕeeking moгe of youг mаgnificent post.
    Аlso, ӏ hаve shared yοur site in my social networκs!
    Feel free to surf my web page Single Moms Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on, Girl! HOLD ON!! lol! I mentioned you in a post today. Stop by and check it out!
    http://www.thesexysinglemommy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your blog and I like it. And when things get crazy a nice drink at the end of the day is just what I need.

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I don't think you sound like a crybaby at all. Just a very, VERY busy woman! Don't beat yourself up so much. Everything will work out just fine! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some arm floats I can send you - After raising six I can honestly say there is a time when treading water isn't necessary you can float without any help.
    Hang in there ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel like I'm giving 30% everywhere but 100% nowhere. I have a lot of things that I'm responsible for doing them, and doing all of them only half-assed. It sucks, I hate the feeling that nothing is getting my full attention. I hate that I leave a messy house and come back to a mess. That my P/T work from home job only gets about 40% of my attention, shared with my 1-year-old who gets 40% ... and my 6-year gets 10%, my house gets 5%, my husband gets 5%, and I get zero. Sucks right now, I totally understand. I just know that 'this too shall pass' and I need to 'enjoy it' while I can.

    ReplyDelete