Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Taking A Bow...Thank You, Thank You Very Much

Another award? Really? Turns out 2 of my fellow funny and talented blogging friends thought I was worthy of this award.  A huge thank you to Too Smart For Her Own Good and My Upside Down Life for passing on the Sunshine Blogger Award to me!!  All joking aside, this really did make my day!!  I'm so excited!!!
It's not an award if it doesn't have rules....so here they are:
1. Include the award log either in your acceptance post or somewhere on your blog.
2. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 10-12 other deserving bloggers.
4. Add a link on your post to all of the talented winners and comment on their page to let them know they've been deemed amazing.
5. Thank the brilliant soul that recognized your talent and bestowed this wonderful award on you...and of course link back to them as well.

Drum roll....please!!  Here's what you've all been dying to know about me...maybe? Probably not, but keep reading anyway.
1. What would you most like to change about yourself?
As most people know, I'm perfect.  But if I could change anything, I'd love to have the discipline, self-control and motivation necessary to be a size 6.

2.  What is your theme song?
Baby Got Back by Sir Mix Alot....mainly because I don't (have much back).

3.  One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain?
I have no regrets but I could do without the memory of that one night that changed my life forever.  The pain of losing someone suddenly doesn't compare to any other pain I've ever felt.

4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
I've always thought it would've been nice to have lived in simpler times...but ultimately I'm happy to be a part of today.

5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
Turns out my award presenter and I could've been best friends!!  My Barbies & Nintendo were my prized possessions.  Followed by my bicycle and lite brite.

6. What is your favorite housecleaning chore?
Are you serious? NONE!!  But if I have to pick, I'll go with dusting.

7. Do you Twitter?
Nah.  I have an account...but I haven't mastered the art of it yet, nor have I even tried.  My main purpose was to stalk my daughter but she's logged on to her account from my phone...so that's simple.

8. Any goals?
Well of course.  Question is, am I really working towards them these days? Not so much.  However I have been putting a lot of thought into them lately...so maybe I'm headed in the right direction.

9. Do you really drink margaritas all the time?
Nope, not so much anymore.  Ever since Chiquita dropped the bomb about how many calories are in ONE, I've had a hard time enjoying them.  Bitch!!

10. What is the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?
Eke...I don't know.  I've always been so proud of all of my cars that it really didn't matter how ugly they were.  I guess my Pappy's Impala, because it looked like a cop car...but once I got used to it, I realized it was BADASS!!! 

And the Sunshine Goddesses are:
Love Kate: Thanks to her I am getting to know myself a little better.
Finding My Inner Skinny GirlBecause of her I am a little closer to working towards my goals.
Crazy Mama Drama: This Mama makes me laugh...and not feel so bad about my mothering flaws.
The Year Of Me: I'm new to her blog, but what I've read, I can TOTALLY relate to.
Overworked Supermom: She's cut from the same cloth I am.
Blue Monkey Butt: Okay, so her blog name says it all :)
My Mom's A Whack Job: She builds character in her children by embarrassment...just like me.
Cave Princess: Her writing inspires me.

Okay, so I've always been a rule breaker.  It says to pick 10-12 blogs...but I'm out of time for now and every other blog I want to sprinkle with sunshine has already been sprinkled in the last week or so.  I guess I hit snooze too many times on this one.

So again, thank you to both My Upside Down Life and Too Smart For Her Own Good for finding my blog award worthy.  Please check out all of these cool smart chicks.  I promise you won't regret it.  And follow me here or on Facebook.  Take a sec to click on the banner below too...just to help a sister out.



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

8 comments:

  1. New follower from the Welcome Wednesday Hop!

    Emily
    http;//birthofamom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. its really good information i got in this blogs keep it up .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for nominating me! I've got to get to work on my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award. I always love reading the answers to the questions. Hope this week is a little better than last week for your family.
    http://www.practicallyperfectprincess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the award!!

    I've been looking around your blog and I like what I see. I "liked" your fan page on Facebook!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation...I like your twitter response!! Great blog, I'm now following you via the blog hop and would love a follow back! All the best, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot all about my lite brite!!! My mom would vacuum up all of my pegs so by the end I just had a lite. Anyways, I see you've already been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger, but I really like you so I am going to nominate you for the Versatile Blogger Award. My post is for both of these because I was multi-tasking, but take a second to come on over and accept your award at...

    http://figuringitoutaswegrow.blogspot.com/2012/07/they-like-me-they-really-like-me.html

    ReplyDelete