Ohhhhh, I loved these things on myspace and then on facebook!!! "Surveys" were how I shared my humor before I stumbled upon the great world of blogging. My bloggy friend at Mommy on the Edge tagged me, so here it goes...PS: If I didn't tag you and you'd like to play along...feel free!!! If you don't have your own blog, you're welcome to post your answers as a comment on this post.
The rules (if you choose to play along) are as follows:
Each person must post 11 random things about themselves.
Answer the questions that the person that tagged you posted.
Create 11 new questions for the people that you tag
Pick 11 new people to tag, link them on your post & go to their page and tell them they've been tagged. No tag backs!!!
11 Things About Me:
1. I'm lazy!! I'm the queen of procrastination.
2. I'm an OCD planner. How does one manage to be both lazy and an OCD planner? Well, you see I plan it all out so I can strategically knock everything out in one fell swoop...so I can quickly get back to being lazy.
3. My 13 year old daughter asked me what a "twat" is yesterday. After I recovered from the choke that seized me, I of course asked where she heard it and then told her what it meant...and kindly asked her to NEVER say it in front of me again. Notice I didn't tell her to "NEVER say it again" because that would be highly hypocritical of me.
4. Laughter is my drug of choice. I love laughing until there are tears running down my cheeks or pee running down my legs.
5. I've been single for far too long to comfortably read "Fifty Shades of Gray"...I've NEVER been so sexually frustrated in my life!!
6. I had a dream last night that I was pregnant and that I was freaking out about it and then still in my dream state, I realized it was absolutely scientifically impossible for me to be pregnant...and that I must have been carrying God's second son.
7. I was once bitten by a brown recluse...on the back of my thigh. Had it been any closer to an extremity (hand or foot), I could've lost them. I still have a scar from the giant hole it left in my leg...ask me and I'll show you one day. And now I'm deathly scared of spiders!!
8. I've never really liked girls. I've had very few close girl friends...I preferred to have boys as my friends, I preferred to babysit boys. I can't stand drama, whining, back stabbing or overall cattiness!! So God decided to play a mean trick on me and give me TWO girls of my own!! Guess he really does have a sense of humor.
9. I married a redneck when I was 20 years old. When I divorced him 6 years later, I buried my love for 4-wheeling, monster trucks and hot rods deep inside of me. Now my inner redneck only shines through when I'm covered in mud, surrounded by the smell of burning rubber or consumed by the excitement of the demolition derby.
10. Maybe it's not buried that deep...because I still LOVE country music. I love Solid Gold Saturday Night just as much as I love the top 40 country count down. I enjoy most any music...but country is the soundtrack of my life.
11. I want to go back to school. I just don't know what for or how to make it happen. I'm terrified that my children will suffer from the time it will take away from them. It's an inner struggle I've been fighting for years...what's a few more? I can always follow my dreams when they've graduated from college, right?
Mommy on the Edge's questions:
1. Why do you blog and how did you get started?
I blog because it's cheaper than therapy and probably more effective. I started out writing about by parenting failures and accomplishments...and that's still pretty much what I do.
2. Dogs or Cats?
Both and neither? I love them both...but I'm so tired of cleaning up after them. My dog is 16 and my cat is 17...I'm beginning to think they're gonna live FOREVER!!!
3. What's your hobby?
Reading, blogging & cheering on my kids
4. Lots of besties, or a few besties and lots of acquaintances?
Just a few besties, a TON of friends and a lot of acquaintances.
5. Facebook...love it or hate it?
Oh I still love it!!!
6. Your favorite band and why?
Sugarland...because not only can I relate to most of their music, they also put on a spectacular show.
7. Do you read the gossip rags while waiting in line at the supermarket?
I used to...before self check out and smart phones :)
8. If you could sleep w/any celebrity who would it be?
Matthew McConaughey...no explanation necessary!!
9. How many people know your deepest, darkest secret?
Hmmm, I don't think I have any deep dark secrets. If I do, only 1-2 people know it.
10. What's your dream vehicle?
Used to be a Land Rover, but now I'd just be happy with something that gets 30 miles to the gallon, has a sunroof and leather seats.
11. If you lived to be 100 what is the one thing you'd still want to be able to do on your own?
Wipe my own ass!!!
Tag You're it!!!
The Backwards Bride
Livin' On Sweet Tea
Diary of a Diva Mom
My Gracefully Disastrous Questions:
1. What is your most embarrassing parenting or relationship (if you're not a parent) moment?
2. Have you ever fallen down in public? If so, do tell...
3. How many blog followers do you have? PS: I only have 20 according to blogger.
4. What's your favorite cuss word? If you don't cuss...what word would slip out of your mouth if you stubbed the hell out of your toe?
5. How often do you really mop your kitchen floor? Be honest!!
6. What is your favorite book? I'm not kidding...I'm looking for new reading material.
7. How old were you when you started your period?
8. When was the last time you had an "OH SHIT" moment? Please explain, so I don't feel so bad about myself.
9. Are your parents still married? If so, what do you think their secret is?
10. What is your biggest fear?
11. What is your biggest wish?