Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fighting the urge to BITCH!!!

I've come to the realization that I have a negative attitude about so many things in my life lately.  I feel like I'm ALWAYS bitching, moaning, whining, complaining or SCREAMING about something....whether it be my kids, my ex-dumb dumb, my job, my co-workers or whatever.  I still feel VERY justified in all of my grievances, but for the next 15-20 minutes (or however long it takes me to write this post) I'm only gonna think about what I'm grateful for.

1. I'm grateful for both of my HEALTHY beautiful daughters, who even though they OFTEN drive me INSANE...they complete me with their humor, intelligence, stubbornness and LOVE.

2. I'm grateful for my dad.  I'm so lucky to have him for all of the obvious reasons but also because I never have to cook or truly grocery shop.  I've never had to worry about a babysitter and haven't had to worry about daycare for the past 6 years.

3. I'm grateful that my mom is no longer 2000 miles away.  I'm thankful for her generosity and especially her love for concerts.  Because of her, the girls and I will be going to the American Idol tour concert and to see Brad Paisley/Scotty McCreery in concert...and her shoe fetish that she's passed on to Beelay and often finances.
 
4. I'm grateful for my friends.  Without them my strength, courage & confidence would crumble....and my life would definitely not be nearly as comical.

5. I'm grateful for my job.  Even though on most days I feel under appreciated and taken for granted, I'm still glad I have it.

6. I'm grateful for my Kindle, my blog, Facebook and my bed.  These keep me sane and give me a much needed escape from my crazy hectic life. 

Now that I've sat back and regrouped, I feel a little better.  I need to remember to do this more often.  I keep preaching to my kids to be grateful for everything they have and not to focus on what they don't have...along with the whole "life's not fair" speech.  I'm just not sure that I've been setting the best example lately.  What are you grateful for?  

No comments:

Post a Comment