Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Super Tuesday...

Let me start with, I'm not a hugely politically active person.  I do follow politics and I do vote, but I don't usually preach my opinions.  I'll discuss them with those that are willing to discuss, not argue back and forth.  I HATE arguing politics!!!  I hate it mainly because so many people just believe what they hear on t.v. and every network spins everything to their benefit.  It is our responsibility as a nation to listen, research (independently) and make an educated choice when electing our presidents, mayors, governors, senators, congressmen, etc.  It's ignorance that elects inept leaders.

That being said, this post is solely my opinion.  Nobody has to agree with me...but I'm not looking for an argument.  I'm perfectly willing to listen to different opinions and see others point of views.  With many of my friendships, I've had to just agree to disagree when it comes to politics and religion...and that's how we're able to still be friends.

In a nutshell, I believe abortion is a personal choice, that should not be used as a form of birth control.  I work hard and don't look for hand outs.  If you're on welfare, you should be required to take drug tests.  I believe  government spending is WAY out of control. I believe in the death penalty.  I believe we need a real plan to eliminate our dependency on other countries for fuel...and that drilling HERE makes the most sense.  Creating new jobs and lowering the cost of gas will ABSOLUTELY help our economy.  I believe health care is important, that's why I have a job that offers it.  I don't think that it should be mandatory!!  There should be laws and plans that help bring the cost down in order to make it more affordable.  People kill people, not guns.  I'm all for gay marriage.  I don't like war, but it's often necessary.  I don't think illegal immigrants should be eligible for all of the same things as those that followed the rules and came here legitimately. 

When I woke up this morning, I was undecided about who I was going to vote for today.  I was on the fence between Gingrich and Romney, but after all of the research I've done today...Newt has my vote!!  I know a lot of people don't like him because of his infidelities and wandering eye, but I'm convinced that if we're basing our political choices on morals alone, we're screwed all the way around. In my opinion, it's the president's job to do what is best for our country as a whole. It is my job to set a good moral example to my children and teach them right from wrong. I'm not condoning cheating on spouses...but ultimately that's not what's gonna make or break our country.

Bottom line: It's important to vote!!!  If you don't vote, your voice isn't heard and you have no right to complain about the condition our country is in.  So, if you're not registered to vote...you can do so online at http://sos.georgia.gov/elections/vrinfo.htm. I found a great website that helps you compare each candidate's position on each issue.  Here's a link to compare Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney.   http://2012.candidate-comparison.org/?compare=Gingrich&vs=Romney.  You can change who you want to compare to Obama or whoever else you might be considering voting for. 































1 comment:

  1. Smart choice. lf everyone made informed decisions this country would be better off.

    ReplyDelete